Black Cultural Center
517 Welch Avenue Ames Iowa 50014
The Black Cultural Center (BCC) serves as a foundation for African American cultural identity, education and understanding between diverse communities at Iowa State University. In addition to the variety of programs and resources that the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs offers, we also manage the Black Cultural Center. This cultural center, located at 517 Welch Avenue, a great place to explore and debate ideas, hold study groups, plan and host meetings and events, have a dinner, read a book, write a paper, or just relax.
Over the past year, there have been some upgrades/renovations to the Black Cultural Center, most specifically:
- Repair in the main kitchen
- Upgrading electrical outlets
- Upgrading cable/internet/telephone service
- New carpet on the main level and in the basement
- New paint on interior walls
- We have also purchased new chairs that can accommodate larger student usage.
Reserve the BCC
To reserve the BCC, please review the Building Use Policy and complete the online reservation form here. After receiving your request, we will send you an email confirmation for your reservation with details about the use and any cost. If you have questions please contact the MSA office at (515) 294-6338 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quaint & cozy living space and reception area (seats 8-10)
- Contemporary breathable family dining room (seats 6)
- Full-service sun-lit kitchen with exit to main deck (standing room)
- Jack Trice Memorial Browsing Library (seats 10-12)
- Student Rec & Game Room (seats 6-8)
- Conversation Lounge (seats 6-8)
- 2 spacious 3/4 restrooms (one on main level and one on second level)
- Open yard for family fun and cook-outs (small grill available)
- 3-level wheelchair accessible deck (west side)
- Backstreet parking and bike rack available (back entrance/exit to Center)