Multicultural Student Leadership Council
What is MSLC?
The Iowa State University Multicultural Student Leadership Council is composed of student leaders who are affiliated with ISU multicultural student organizations. Formerly known as the Multicultural Student Programming Advisory Council (MSPAC), the MSLC aims to cultivate leadership development and programmatic collaboration among multicultural student organizations. Additionally, the MSLC will regulate funding allocations for events initiated by student organizations that promote diversity awareness and education within the Iowa State community. The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs provides administrative oversight and advisement to the MSLC.
- Meet on a bi-weekly basis each academic semester
- Oversee and vote on the allocation of MSLC funding; representatives are allowed to vote on their student organization’s funding request
- Organize programming for the development of multicultural student organizations in conjunction with Multicultural Student Affairs staff;
- Promote multicultural and cross-cultural programming initiatives via a shared calendar of multicultural organization events and opportunities
Membership: A representative will be sought from each of the following organizations:
- GSB Diversity Chair
- (APAAC) Asian Pacific American Awareness Coalition
- Black Student Alliance
- Latino Student Initiatives
- Men of Color Collective
- (MGC) Multicultural Greek Council
- (NPHC) National Pan-Hellenic Council
- United Native American Student Association
- Womyn of Colour Network
- African Students Association
- Puerto Rican Students Association
- ISU Leaders in Education and Diversity
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Latino/a Graduate Student Association
- Multicultural Business Network
- MANNRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences)
- M.A.Y.A.S (Mexican American Young Achievers Society)
- NOMAS (National Organization of Minority Architecture Students)
- NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers)
- NABA (National Association of Black Accountants)SACNAS (National Association of Black Accountants)
Spring Semester 2016 MSLC Meetings:
- Bi-weekly meetings on Thursdays from 4:00PM-5:00PM in the Multicultural Center, Memorial Union.
If your student organization is not listed and would like to be considered for the MSLC, please contact our graduate assistant Jessica Padilla at email@example.com.