Promote an Event
The screen at the MU Multicultural Center and in MSA is an opportunity for student organization serving multicultural students to advertise. This opportunity is offered through Office of Multicultural Student Affairs. Please read over the guidelines for the organizations qualified and its intended use.
Qualifications for MCC Screen Advertising:
- Culturally-themed programming/events
- Programming/Events sponsored by Multicultural Organizations/Multicultural Greeks
- Programming targeting multicultural students at Iowa State University
- Multicultural Heritage Month Sponsored Events
- Requests must be submitted by 4:00 pm, at least seven (7) working days prior to the date of the program, event or activity that is to be posted to the Multicultural Center screen
- Late requests may be considered by the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, but are not guaranteed to be accepted. No message requests will be accepted within two (2) working days of the event or program.
- Message requests will not be taken over the phone or by e-mail without this form being completed.
- Maximum run time for a message is 6 consecutive days. Messages will automatically terminate approximately 30 minutes after the start time of a program unless an earlier termination is requested OR if the consecutive days the message is to run ends before the event date occurs. Messages will not be displayed between midnight and 6am during the academic year (10pm & 6am during summer months)
- MSA staff reserve the right to edit and design messages for clarity, brevity, and propriety.
- Messages should be edited by the requester to conform the general journalistic style of answering "who," "what, "when," "where". Include any punctuation that you wish to appear. Requesters are responsible for verifying the accuracy of their submissions. Messages may be updated at the discretion of MSA staff during the display period.
- Messages and images should be formatted to fit a screen 1920px by 1080 px.
- For student organization sponsored events, an approved Event Authorization form for the event must be on file in the MU Event Management Office before the message can be displayed on the screen.