Yes, there are Black people in Iowa. Check out the Black Student Alliance
23 Aug 2017 4:19 PM
ATTENTION: Are you passionate about social justice issues affecting the black community? Are you looking for a place where you can be unapologetically Black? Are you wanting to have fun and create strong friendships early in your college career? Then BSA is the place for you!
Why you should check us out:
- Engaging Topcs: We have weekly one-hour meetings in which we talk about many topics that are important to the African and African American students such as mental health, colorism, financial stability and much more!
- Family Atmosphere: We support one another because we want to see each other succeed! As stated earlier we are more than just a student organization, we are a family. We make sure that each member feels welcomed and that they feel a sense of belonging.
- Fun Events: Spoken word events, Winter Formal, or Wild n Out Wednesdays we understand that having fun is an integral part to the college experience.
- Growth and Development:Besides social events, we also host community service, political, and academic events to help our members develop leadership skills and strengthen their skills as a student.
- Inclusivity: We are not exclusive to only African and African American students, we accept people of all nationalities into the family!
Find us at these upcoming events and check us out on social media
Welcome Black Week
(click to image enlarge) Join us for our annual Welcome Black Week! You DO NOT want to miss this!
September 6th, 11am-4pm | Central Campus
BSA at the 2016 Homecoming Parade with Officer Anthony Greiter from ISUPD!
First General Assembly Meeting
September 7th at 8pm | Marston 2300
BSA at the Annual Big XII Conference on Black Student Government! We always come deep!
Contact us via social media or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.