5 Things I am looking forward to this Summer!

27 Jun 2018 12:44 PM

Damien Damien

1. Spending time with Friends

It's great to finally finish school and go back home to meet up with my friends. Every time we see each other, we have a blast and bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in each other. It's always great to be in a familiar place with familiar people. Going off to college is rough and kind of stresses me out, so when I get home it's awesome!

2. Going to Concerts

When summertime comes, it's always a great time to go see your favorite artists perform live. I'm going to Lollapalooza in August and the lineup is riddled with artists like Bruno Mars, The Weeknd, and even LL Cool J is going to be there. I can't wait to get lost in the music.

3. Working Out

The beginning of the school year was great! I was coming into the fall semester after a summer job of Roofing, which meant I was doing pretty well with my health. I was thinner and stronger then I had been before, and I got into a great routine of going to the gym at least 3 times a week. Once Spring semester came, I was doing well at the start, but soon I started to become swamped with work and have only found time to go once or twice a week. Once I'm done for the semester, I plan on getting on a diet and going hard in the gym to look good for when next semester starts. 

4. $$$$Getting Paid$$$$

The best part of Summer is finding a job where you can earn as much as you can until school starts back up in the Fall, and use the skills that you learn in the classroom and apply them to real-world scenarios. I wasn't fortunate enough to land an internship this summer, but not having one this summer is motivating me to start applying earlier and spending the time to write cover letters and touch up my resume. During the summer, I want to work on attaining more skills that will make me more marketable to employers. 

5. Getting ready for Barcelona

During the semester of Fall 2018, I will be studying abroad in Barcelona Spain. After deciding in Fall 2017 to extend my time here at Iowa State by adding another business major, Management Information Systems (MIS), I finally found the courage to act on studying abroad. With the beaches, museums, and culture that exists over in Spain, I hope to further my exposure to people that are different than me and enjoy soaking in all the new information and perspectives that I may not be used to. During the summer, I will be working on getting everything ready for Barcelona, including finding adapters for outlets in Spain, since they are different from those in the US, and finding a new wardrobe to fit in overseas. I've said since I was little that I will live in Spain at some point, and this fall, thanks to ISUAbroad and MSA, I am doing just that.

Adventure, In My Words     Summer, Study Abroad