Multicultural Vision Program Application
How To Apply for the MVP Scholarship:
Submit the MVP Application by December 1, 2019.
Complete FAFSA by December 1, 2019 http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- School code is 001869
To meet eligibility requirements for MVP, prospective students must:
- Be a resident of the state of Iowa, and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be admissible to Iowa State University
- American Indian or Alaskan Native, Black/African American, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latinx, or Multiracial on the application for undergraduate admission; or who have participated in a federally funded Educational Talent Search or Upward Bound program
- Demonstrate financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have faced personal and/or financial challenges or hardships
When you complete the MVP application, you will be asked to provde the following beyond your basic information:
- Name and contact information for one reference (not a family member)
- Responses to the two essay questions below.
- Number of college credits earned (if any)
- List of Advanced Placements coures taken (if any)
- List of college coures taken (if any)
Application Essay Questions:
- Briefly explain (in 400-500 words OR 4,000 characters or fewer) why you are deserving of the MVP award specific to individual challenges and/or financial hardship you have faced or will face in seeking a college education and your potential to succeed.
- Briefly share your goals for the future and how a degree from Iowa State University will help you to reach them. (in 400-500 words OR 4,000 characters or fewer)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is the application due? The priority deadline is December 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Can I begin my application and come back to it later? While your browser may save your responses if you are using the same computer to complete the application, it is not guarenteed. We advise that you plan to complete the application at one time.
- I submitted my application, but now need to change something. What do I do? If you need to make a small change or you have new/different information, you can email the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org with the change. Please include your first and last name and your email address in the body of the email. If you submitted the application on accident or need to change many things, you can begin a new application.
- I submitted an application prematurely and now I can't open the link anymore. What do I do? You can clear your browsing history and/or browser cache and then click on the link again, access the application from a different browser (i.e. Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.), or access the application from a different device. If none of these options work, contact the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs at email@example.com or 515-294-6338 and we will work with you to create a new application.
- I am currently attending another institution and will be transferring to Iowa State. Can I still apply? Incoming transfer students are not eligible for the award.
- I graduated two years ago from high school and will be entering ISU this fall as a new freshman. Can I still apply? The MVP award is only open to students coming directly from high school who graduate in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Who can serve as a reference? Any non-family member who can speak to your potential for academic and personal success. We recommend a teacher, coach, or guidance counselor.
- When will I be notified about receiving the award? Review of applications will begin immedately after December 1, 2019. Notifications will be made in early 2020.