Request Tutor Funding
UPDATE: Inline with ISU'd COVID-19 Response, MSA will will not currently require a meeting to apprive tutoring.
- Go to tutoring.istate.edu and click "Sign-In to Your Tutoring Profile". You will need to log in with your Net-ID and password.
- Fill in the required personal information.
- Click "Request Tutoring" in green.
- Read through the Tutee Application Agreement.
- Choose the course you would like to receive tutoring in. Additional courses may be added on your "Home" tab after each course request is completed. Note: MSA will provide funding for only one course.
- Select "Multicultural Student Affairs" as your funding source, then meet with an MSA staff member in person to get funding approved. See available hours below.
- Edit your schedule. Make sure to take all outside activities (clubs, meetings, intramurals, etc.) into consideration when marking available times. That said, the more times you mark as available, the better your chances of being matched with a tutoring group quickly.
- Click Edit next to schedule and select your free times at the schedule shown. (Note: the more free time you indicate, the better chances you have of getting assigned into a group!)
- Click "Submit"
- You will receive an email from your tutor if you are assigned to a tutoring group. Check your spam filter and junk mail periodically.
- After you submit the application, you need to come into MSA (2nd floor, Student Services Building) to speak with a staff member and get your request approved within two weeks.
For spring 2020 MSA staff will be available at the following times to approve tutor funding requests. If none of these times fit your schedule, please call or stop by the MSA office to arrange a time.
Staff will be available:
Monday: 10am-11am, 3pm-4pm
Tuesday: 11am-12pm, 3:30pm-4:30pm
Wednesday: 10am-11am, 12pm-1pm
Thursday: 11am-12pm, 1:30pm-2:30pm
For questions, feel free to contact MSA at 515-294-6338 or visit us on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building.