Request Tutor Funding
The Multicultural Student Affairs Tutoring Program is designed to provide academic assistance for African American, Latina/o American, Asian American, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, and Multiracial students at Iowa State. Funding for group tutoring is available for the Fall and Spring semesters. MSA will cover the costs for 1 group tutor.
MSA will subsidize funding for group tutoring. You can request this during fall 2018 between August 14 and November 9.
How do I get a tutor?
The process to get a tutor is very easy! All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Log on to the "Obtaining a Tutor" site and begin your application. You will need to log in with your Net-ID and password.
- Click Edit and fill in your contact information
- Under "Funding Source", be sure to choose "Multicultural Student Affairs"
- Click Edit next to courses and select the courses you are applying for tutoring for.
- Click Edit next to schedule and select your free times at the schedule shown. (Note: the more free time you indicate, the better chances you have of getting assigned into a group!)
- Click "Review Your Application for Submitting"
- If everything looks okay, click "Submit"
- After you submit the application, you need to come into MSA (2nd floor, Student Services Building) to speak with a staff member and get your request approved.
For questions, feel free to contact MSA at 515-294-6338 or visit us on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building.