Request Tutor Funding
UPDATE: MSA will still require a meeting to approve tutor funding; however, the meeting will be virtual.
- Go to tutoring.iastate.edu and click "Sign-In to Your Tutoring Profile". You will need to log in with your Net-ID and password.
- Fill in the required personal information.
- Click "Request Tutoring" in green.
- Read through the Tutee Application Agreement.
- Choose the course you would like to receive tutoring in. Additional courses may be added on your "Home" tab after each course request is completed. Note: MSA will provide funding for only one course.
- Select "Multicultural Student Affairs" as your funding source, then meet with an MSA staff member in person to get funding approved. See available hours below.
- Edit your schedule. Make sure to take all outside activities (clubs, meetings, intramurals, etc.) into consideration when marking available times. That said, the more times you mark as available, the better your chances of being matched with a tutoring group quickly.
- Click Edit next to schedule and select your free times at the schedule shown. (Note: the more free time you indicate, the better chances you have of getting assigned into a group!)
- Click "Submit"
- You will receive an email from your tutor if you are assigned to a tutoring group. Check your spam filter and junk mail periodically.
- After you submit the application, you need to click here to request to speak with a staff member at one of the times listed below and get your request approved. In most instances, your wait will be brief. In the event of a rush of people, the assistant greeting you can give you an estimated wait time. You can plan for the approval discussion to last 5-10 minutes.
Requests for spring semester tutoring can be approved by MSA staff at the following times:
Monday: 9am-10 am & 3 pm-4 pm
Tuesday: 11 am-12pm & 1pm2pm
Thursday: 8:00am- 9am & 11am-12pm
Friday: 10am - 11am
If none of these times are open in your schedule, please contact the MSA Office at 515-294-6338.
For questions, feel free to contact MSA at 515-294-6338.