- 1 Find strength in your community.
- 2 As a student, you begin an adventure in life-long learning
- 3 Find purpose through leadership.
- 4 Jump into leadership; as a scholar, it's your responsibility
- 5 Engage in community, dialogue and conversation to build self-understanding
- 6 Shape your community through civic engagement.
- 7 Self-care means valuing your own well-being.
The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) supports and empowers Iowa State University's students who self-identify as African American, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Latinx, Native American/Alaskan Native and/or Multiracial, and advocates for their holistic development across the University.
It has been 4 years since I decided to leave my predominantly black neighborhood in St. Louis, Missouri and come to Iowa State’s campus. It was a huge adjustment, but I’ve come to realize that a lot of other black womxn have had similar experiences on campus. Here’s a list of a few things that I think other black womxn will relate to: