- 1 Find strength in your community.
- 2 As a student, you begin an adventure in life-long learning
- 3 Find purpose through leadership.
- 4 Jump into leadership; as a scholar, it's your responsibility
- 5 Engage in community, dialogue and conversation to build self-understanding
- 6 Shape your community through civic engagement.
- 7 Self-care means valuing your own well-being.
The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) supports and empowers Iowa State University's students who self-identify as African American, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Latinx, Native American/Alaskan Native and/or Multiracial, and advocates for their holistic development across the University.
The content of this post is written by an individual student and is not necessarily the position of Iowa State University, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of Students Office, or the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs. We do, however, fully support our students of color speaking their minds and raising their voices.
I’m often asked why I protest. Let me explain it to you.