- 1 Find strength in your community.
- 2 As a student, you begin an adventure in life-long learning
- 3 Find purpose through leadership.
- 4 Jump into leadership; as a scholar, it's your responsibility
- 5 Engage in community, dialogue and conversation to build self-understanding
- 6 Shape your community through civic engagement.
- 7 Self-care means valuing your own well-being.
The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) supports and empowers Iowa State University's students who self-identify as African American, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Latinx, Native American/Alaskan Native and/or Multiracial, and advocates for their holistic development across the University.
Participating in the Academic Program of Excellence (APEX) prepared me for college in a way I didn’t expect. The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs provided a select number of students seeking to advance in their college careers free tuition, room and board for a summer semester. In addition to classes like Psychology and English, my cohort took an APEX class that taught about social justice issues and transitioning into college as a diverse student.